What’s the best news of 2019? SIL-UND is having a homecoming!
Here are some details we think will be valuable to know if you’re planning on coming. If this doesn’t suffice, you can email Kate with more questions: email@example.com
Most activities will be on Friday-Sunday, July 5-7, 2019. Arrive on Thursday evening, July 4 if you want to watch the fireworks with us. See details below.
Please let us know that you are coming, by registering here. Do it by June 24 if you want a t-shirt or want to attend the picnic on Saturday.
We are not offering dorm housing for this event. All attendees will need to find and reserve their own housing. There are many local motels, at a variety of price levels, plus options like airbnb.
We’ll have a picnic in University Park on Saturday afternoon ($10, payable at check-in); to attend, you need to register by June 24.
Otherwise, all meals will be on your own. One option is to eat with us in the new Wilkerson Dining Center and pay at the door (anticipated prices: $7.60 breakfast Fr only, $10.65 lunch/brunch FrSaSu, $14 dinner ThFrSaSu).
Parking on campus requires a permit. Follow this link to register for one. Otherwise, there is limited street parking available (or you may have to walk a few blocks).
Summer 2019 oddities:
Most of University Avenue running through campus is closed most of the summer due to construction. Plan to approach the campus from the west. From the freeway, exit at DeMers or Hwy 2, then use 42nd Street to get to University Avenue. If coming from the east on Highway 2, go past Columbia Avenue to Stanford or 42nd Street, then go south to University.
Because of this, we are not in Smith Hall like originally planned, but instead are in West Hall (just west of Wilkerson).
WE’LL HAVE A LINK TO A MAP HERE IN A FEW DAYS
We will be having T-shirts available for this event! (preview below, color still to be decided) If you would like a shirt, let us know when you register for the event (but do it before June 24 to be sure to get one). They will be $15, payable at check-in.
We also plan on having a classic Skit Night and we want you to be involved! If you have an old skit you’d like to perform again, would like to think up a new skit, or would like to participate in someone else’s skit just let us know when you register! We will have practice time on Friday afternoon so you will have time to prepare with your skit partners.
If at some point you change your mind about either a t-shirt or being involved with a skit, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule of events (subject to change):
Thursday July 4
- 6-9pm: check-in open for Thursday arrivals, space in dorm available for hob-nob
- night: fireworks beside the Red River (watch this space after July 1 for information on where we’ll meet up)
Friday July 5
- 8am-11am, 1pm-5pm: check-in open for Friday arrivals
- 11:10am: Music chapel
- early afternoon: Skit planning (bring your favorite classic skit scripts!)
- late afternoon (about 4pm): Frisbee
- evening (7pm): Classic Skit Night
- later evening: Pooh Party (Video of Ruth Mary, plus readers and little somethings)
Saturday July 6
- 9am-noon, 1pm-3pm: check-in open for Saturday arrivals
- morning (about 9am): Soccer
- afternoon/evening (starting about 4:30pm): Picnic and Volleyball
Sunday July 7
- morning: People free to attend local churches
- early afternoon (1:00pm): Worship
- 2:00pm: Remembrance
- evening (7pm): What have you done with your SIL training? (panel discussion for the benefit of current students)